Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How can I stop chewing on my nails and fingers?

I already tried using the nasty tasting stuff and it doesn't work. I also tried leaving a rubber around oround my wrist and popping myself with it. Will my fingers eventually become deformed?How can I stop chewing on my nails and fingers?
Relax. You do it because you are nervous. Find out what is making you so nervous and maybe you can then correct the problem.How can I stop chewing on my nails and fingers?
I would recommend - putting hot pepper into clear nail polish so each time you start to bite your nails,not only will it taste nasty,but also HOT!! and hopefully will deture you from chewing! Good Luck! (It doesn't matter if colored polish of course unless your a guy)
Get a manicure, even if they are short from biting. Once you see how good they can look, that will deter you and you'll begin to enjoy long nails. It's just a habit, so caring how you and your nails look will do the trick.
Most everyone has some little trick; here's one that worked for me. When I decided it was time to stop, I carried a nail clipper around with me at all times, and everytime I had the urge to chew, I instead took out my clipper and did a little trimming. After a while, the desire just sort of went away. That was 40 years ago, and I still don't bite my nails.





Good luck -- this is a fairly benign, but nasty little habit, and I wish you a quick ';cure';!
Put tape on your fingernails...
i do it too, its horrible - i did stop once with a very simple trick, you stop biting one finger at a time, then the next week stop another till you have just one left - you can either stop that one too, or keep it as a binky lol, i started again recently though due to stress, but this is the method i will use to stop again
Fingernails are on there to protect the sensitive ends of the fingers.





If you eventually stop biting your nails, any ';deformity'; should take care of itself.





There is some risk for infection if you chew your nails, human mouths being pretty buggy (like, bacteria), generally.





The best thing I have found to curb nail biting in myself is to have my nails done, or, if I don't have to have my hands scrupulously clean (like for work--I am a nurse), having artificial nails applied.





Distracting yourself is another good way to curb the biting. Notice when you bite them the most--driving, watching TV, boredom in any setting, nervousness? And then address the circumstances under which you chew your nails..... You may find that's half the battle.





I do not encourage the rubber band on the wrist routine: you can hurt the vessels that lie right under the skin if you hit them just right.
  • oily skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment