Sunday, August 1, 2010

I need to quit an addiction help???(biting my finger nails)?

ok i have tried to quit and it doesnt work for a couple days i quit then i get the urge to chew on them and in 3 weeks if i dont have enough finger nails to trim i owe my dad $10 (it is a bet) and is there an easy way 2 quit best answer 10 ptsI need to quit an addiction help???(biting my finger nails)?
I have this problem as well. My solution (Should i choose to end my own addiction) is to make a cocktail. Basically, a pepper, tabasco, habanero, etc pepper mix. Put it on your fingers once a day for a few weeks. If you bite, the taste should recondition your mind to associate fingernail biting with unpleasant tastes. It may take some time, but it will work in the end.I need to quit an addiction help???(biting my finger nails)?
Ask the pharmacist in a drug store like Walmart what they have for you. Last I knew they sold something called ';Control-It.'; They probably still do, or have something better now!





Or, get a full set of acrylic nails! If you can afford around $35, they're beautiful and there's no way you can bite them!!! If you want to keep them up, you'll need to get ';fills'; every 2 and half weeks for about $15. (If this is new to you, don't worry, you'll get it!) Just look up ';manicurists'; in the Yellow Pages. :)





THAT WILL CURE YOU!!!! Guaranteed!!!
That's such a hard habit to break -- it took me years. Nail biters often have very thin nails, which tend to tear and get ragged very easily. Carry a nail file with you and keep the edges of your nails smooth. But getting acrylic nails is probably the way to go. You'll have hard beautiful nails (you'll love them) and it will take away the urge to nibble on your nails. You'll feel so much better having them and your hands will look better, too.
Try chewing on something else. Whenever you are nervous or feel like chewing your fingernails you could chew gum. Or chew on a toothpick ( works ffor smokers). Or if you like some kind of chewy candy, anything that will take place of your fingernails. Also cut your nails down shorter so you can't chew them anymore. And then there's always mind over matter. But that's really hard. Oh and I'm sure I don't need to tell you this but fingernails are a HUGE breeding ground for germs and you can get sick from that too. I hope I helped!
  • makeup uk
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment