Sunday, August 1, 2010

If your finger nail is pulled out completely,will it grow back?

My daughter had her thumb nail pulled out completely and with what looks like maybe roots or skin at the bottom. The nail is still whole, not broken but was ripped out.If your finger nail is pulled out completely,will it grow back?
ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!鈥?br>

and yes i think it will grow back.If your finger nail is pulled out completely,will it grow back?
She will grow a new one once the old one falls off. If it is just hanging you may want to see the doc to have him take care of it. Mine fell off about 1.5 years ago due to a nasty infection and my new nail looks just fine.
As long as the whole nail came off cleanly, without any pieces left behind, it'll grow back -- however, u might want to check with a doctor, just in case!
I have had this happen and yes it grew back. If you are concerned you could always take her to the dermatologist.
Yes. I broke my thumb by shutting it in a car door several years ago and had to get 4 stitches across the thumbnail. The nail sloughed off and the area was very tender and sensitive to touch for a long time, but in about 3-4 months it grew back and now looks normal.
Yes.
Unless the nail quick had been damaged, the nail should grow back out. When I was a child I was the worlds worst nail biter. One time, all ten nails fell out because of infections from biting! It was ugly! But, they did grow back in. It took a long time but they did. Also, one time, my granddaughter accidentally scuffed my foot and my toe nail was ripped out. It took several months, but it did grow back and it grew back fine! So, I don't think you have to worry too much. If the nerve endings under her nail are exposed and painful, you should keep the finger covered with a bandage until the sensitive part of the nail-bed is covered again.
Most of the time they do grow back, unless there was extensive damage to the matrix of the nail. It sounds like there may have been. She needs to see a doctor.
Yeah. But it will take a while, sometimes even up to a year.
yes it will grow back
I don't know, but if I were you, I would take her to the doctor, not ask people on Yahoo! What are you doing?
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes it will. it will just take awhile. be patient, and make sure it doesnt get infected!!


Neosporian is your friend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment