Sunday, August 1, 2010

How so I stop the bad habit of biting my finger nails down to nothing forever?

I have been biting my nails for about 6 yrs now and have tried every cream and polish (the bad tasting ones). Im to the point where i have no nail bed to bite on. Nerves you say ? No I very happy in my life and don't do drama, I sit on my hands when in public because people think of the germs and its gross. Maybe hypnosis? Maybe acupucture? I don't know anymore. My fingers actually hurt. Please someone out there tell me how I get off this habitual need to do something with my hands ?How so I stop the bad habit of biting my finger nails down to nothing forever?
Nail biting is defined as a habitual practice in which people bite their fingernails or toenails. This practice is followed by the people when they are under stress, boredom, feel nervous, hunger or suffer from some mental disorder. Nail biting is a very common habit. I am sure that you have other friends who bite their nails too. Nail biting isn鈥檛 a physical problem but, a problem of the mind. Hypnosis can be performed at home through mp3鈥檚.





It has been shown to respond well to certain types of medication . The medications used to treat the problem include the newest, most potent anti-depressants . Nail biting is an extremely tough habit to break and treatment for it varies. One possible solution is identifying the reason for nail biting. Nail biting or onychophagia is a common response to stress, excitement, boredom, or inactivity that affects people of all ages. It is seen in about 50 percent of kids between the ages of 10 and 18 and in 23 percent of young adults aged 18 to 22.





Treat Nail Biting Now - http://tinyurl.com/nail-bitingHow so I stop the bad habit of biting my finger nails down to nothing forever?
I'm not sure if you are male or female, but I answered a similar question for a man recently who said that my advice worked:





';Have a knowledgeable female friend or family member give you manicures or go to a nail salon. There are very tasteful manicures for men that clean up your nails and the skin around them, so it won't be there to pick at. Also, if you spend money on a monthly or bi-monthly manicure, you probably won't want to ruin your nails by picking at them.





';You definitely want to stop this because, not only is it bothering you on some level, but it also creates abrasions around the nails that allow for bacteria to be introduced into the system. You could end up with a very nasty infection and then you'd be spending WAY more time and money than you would on a manicure.';





Hope that helps. Good luck and good health!



My Mom bit her nails all the way through her very happy marriage to my Dad (40 years). After he went off with another woman - she stopped biting and has the most amazing looking nails for a 75year old!





Lots of good suggestions here - but I would also add that this is definitely a case where hypnosis would probably do the trick!
Change what you believe in. Its that simple.





Just analyse yourself why you do it. Write down the stupid reasons why you do it, then dismiss those reasons and dont believe in them. Start believing in why not to do it.


PS Never start smoking
Try not to think about it, try playing it like a game and try to sets records of how long you don't bite them for. chew on gum so the nails don't temp you and reward yourself every so often.





hope that helped.
well it seems that you're a compulsive bitter. time to pick up a new hobby like chewing gum. Best thing to do is to chew gum, look at the good side you'll never have bad breath
Get lots of gum, pencils, and carrots and always keeps one of them with you. If you need to chew, chew on them, not your fingers.
I would talk to my doctor like right away about that.
YOU CUT IT



i always do it

No comments:

Post a Comment