Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I acidently swallowed a finger nail and I can feel something in my throat whenever i cough.?

How do I get the nail outfrom there without going to the doctorI acidently swallowed a finger nail and I can feel something in my throat whenever i cough.?
If you swallowed it, it won't have gone down your windpipe. Maybe it's just your mind playing tricks. Oh and stop biting your nails, it's gross and they are dirty so you're asking for a stomach bug.I acidently swallowed a finger nail and I can feel something in my throat whenever i cough.?
Is it the entire nail? I mean, was it one of those acrylic or gel nails that you swallowed?


Or is it the top of a finger nail that you swallowed?


You can try eating bread to see if that will push it downwards into your gullet but if it does not, you will have to see a doctor.


My father had to have a fishbone removed under anaesthesia from his throat.
OMG that happened to me - is it stuck like around tha back of your tongue, like popcorn bits can do sometimes?





What i found is that it will work its way out itself, just keep drinking liquids, and possibly eat a bit of bread to help possibly push it down,


OR that it is infact tonsilitus/ inflamed tonsils/ sore throat [happened to me lol]


if it persists about 2 days later, then im afraid you should go to the doctor
It's possible that it only scratched you on the way down, and it's a slight inflamation that's irritating you. My Mum used to make me eat dry bread if I ever had anything stuck in my throat, to help it move along, you could try that...





Good luck xx
Try opening your throat, like you are yawning. Then swallow lightly . Sometimes this moves the object stuck in your throat.





It may be a scratch in your throat that is painful. If it does not go away by the time you wake up tomorrow, see the doctor.
get some bread, not too much and swallow, it will push the object down, its probably that's there is nothing there but what has happened its scratched the lining of your throat, making it feel like something is stuck there.
If you swallowed it then you'll digest it. I think that you'll be fine and the something in your throat may dissappear with drinking (water).





If it does persist go and see your doctor.
Try eating toast or dry bread to see if you can shift it. You might just have to go to your GP if it does not budge!
eat some crackers or potatoe chips i,e, roughage and drink lots of water. if it persists then go to the doctors.

No comments:

Post a Comment