Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why does my pet mouse bites my fingers and nails?

when i try to play with my mouse, she kept on biting my fingers and nails(but not to hard, as in nibbling or something). as i thought she was hungry, i give her some food with my fingers into her cage but she pushes away the food and bites my finger/nails again?Why does my pet mouse bites my fingers and nails?
If your mouse is just a baby, it's probably just growing teeth. My pet does that a lot, too. You can buy some chewing toys for your pet at pet stores like Pet Smart or Pet co so your pet would bite on those instead of your fingers or nails.Why does my pet mouse bites my fingers and nails?
it depends how long you've had her if she is new she is just slightly frightened and getting to know you, pick her up for a while and stroke for a bit things will ';clear up'; if you've had her for a while she is probably sick and really scared of people or she wants to have babies so get a male, it happened to my hamster but if she does have babies separate the male from them because he will eat them
She could be acting in self-defense. It could also be that your hands smell like food so she bit them. After you eat try washing your hands and then she might not bite you. If that doesn't work it means she is acting in self-defense. Once she gets used to you she won't bite.
She is not trying to hurt or scare you, she is probably just in her ''put everything in your mouth'' stage. All of mine have done it, as long as it does not draw blood your fine
he/she is probably uncomfortable maybe its the way you hold it. or maybe it feels sick and doesnt like being held. sometimes it could just be in a bad mood, i suggest if it keeps going on for a few days ask a vet or a friend
That is how they tell what something is. maybe it smells something on your hands (food). Try getting her some treats that have essential vitamins and minerals. Whatever the case, she isn't trying to hurt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment